Saturday, June 27, 2009

Welcome to my Pad

"What are you doing now?" she asked.
"Do you have a blog?"
So I make my first entry today....

Fellow admirers of Henry David Thoreau will get that joke.
(That is a paraphrase of how Thoreau began his Journal at the age of twenty, which grew to over two million words over the following 24 years of his life.)
The Journal, to put it in a nutshell, changed my life. Or perhaps it helped to bring some things into better focus.
Like my hero, I try to spend as much time as possible outdoors, following the changes of the seasons. (Unlike him, I do have a full-time job.) So, from time to time, I will add some photos and descriptions of places I like to visit. It's usually a place not far from here. Sometimes those places prove the best.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogger-world, sue. Now we can follow you where e'er you go, and you go to some mighty fascinating places and take the most wonderful photos and tell us about it fun and interesting ways. Thanks for letting us in on your world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading more Sue! I hope you don't mind me mentioning it, but it's hard to find where to leave a comment on the later posts. I'm happy to read on whether I can comment or not of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sue! 'Just learned of your blog from Woodswalker; looks like it will be another nice escape to the real world during my weekday lunch breaks!

    ReplyDelete